13 May, 2014

Telling Tuesday - Feedback for the regular teacher

Today's post will be short and sweet as I share a resource I've created and a few little reflections about it.

Ever since beginning my research on quality casual teaching, I have been reading about the necessity of leaving written feedback for the regular classroom teacher to keep them informed. Last week was my first week of teaching, so I used a few thank you cards I had lying around as they seemed suitable for the occasion. Now I am through the first week, I am rethinking my approach for the long-term. Some have said that it is best to use typed notes if possible, but I have found my ICT resources somewhat limited going into schools. However, I have seen one template that impressed me. A simple printed format that allowed space for neat, hand-written notes. While I am accepting of the desire to make such forms 'pretty' or 'cute', I can't say I really saw the relevance of the cow and barn pictures though. Perhaps I would understand if it had been in a country school or after taking an excursion to a farm, but this was not the case. So, upon reflecting on a few templates, I have set out to create my own. I had to include the 'handy helpers' box, as I love providing opportunities for the 'difficult' students to prove themselves and surprise the teacher.

After some more templates? They aren't quite as easy to find as I thought when searching, though I've come across them before. Here are a few:

What do you feel is essential information to provide in a feedback form? Does cuteness factor matter for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment